TikTok’s bought the “For You” tab, Instagram has the “Discover” tab, and YouTube has Shorts. Now, Snapchat has the “Highlight” tab.
Uncover what Snapchat’s newest Highlight tab is, how the algorithm works, and the way it might help manufacturers double their attain.
What’s Highlight on Snapchat?
Highlight, one in all Snapchat’s most up-to-date options, is a tab throughout the app that promotes short-form viral movies from companies, creators, and on a regular basis customers.
The place it differs from different social platforms is that it doesn’t give customers free rein to submit feedback on the movies shared on Highlight. When first launched in November 2020, customers might solely like and share.
Then, Snapchat launched Highlight Replies, which permits companies and creators to solely show feedback of their selecting from a pre-filtered pool.
As well as, show names solely seem for public customers who’re 18 years of age or older however non-public customers may share choose movies to Highlight.
To encourage adoption, Snapchat created the Spotlight reward fund to pay its prime creators – although, in keeping with a recent Techcrunch report, that fund has gone down significantly within the final two years.
Highlight Snapchat Options
- In-app music library – You should use your video’s authentic sound or use a sound from Snapchat’s inside library.
- Subject setting – When sharing your video to Highlight, you’ve the choice so as to add a subject within the type of a hashtag, which might help you attain your required viewers.
- Replies – Companies and creators can filter by way of feedback left on their Highlight movies and select those they need to show.
- Trending – When on the Highlight tab, you may view movies below trending matters (hashtags), Lenses (i.e. filters), and sounds.
- Challenges – Snapchat customers have the possibility to win prizes once they submit Highlight movies that meet sure standards, like a trending Lense, sound, or location.
The way to Use Snapchat Highlight
Companies, creators and on a regular basis customers can use Highlight to achieve new audiences and increase their engagement.
There are two methods to submit on Highlight: in your cell machine and in your desktop.
Earlier than you may ship off your video, you’ll have to fulfill Snapchat’s pointers. Your video should:
- Be between 5 and 60 seconds.
- Be vertical, side ratio of no less than 3:4.
- Have clear sound and video.
- Solely characteristic authentic content material and music from the licensed library.
- Not characteristic sponsored services or products, together with hyperlinks and attachments.
- Characteristic content material acceptable for a 13+ viewers.
- Be freed from watermarks from different social platforms.
How Snapchat Decides Which Content material to Characteristic on Highlight
You know the way Snapchat Highlight works however the query is, how do you get featured on it?
Properly, Snapchat said they created Highlight to reward creativity, no matter follower depend and profile entry. That is why any consumer can create content material for the Highlight and follower depend shouldn’t be thought-about as a rating issue.
What is taken into account is the next:
- Watch Time
- Consumer pursuits
If you happen to’re already leveraging Snapchat, this new characteristic opens up one other avenue so that you can meet your advertising and marketing targets.