What are Reels on Fb, how do you make them, and the way do they differ from different short-form video platforms? We’ll cowl that and extra under.
What are Reels on Fb?
Fb Reels are short-form movies shared on the Fb platform, just like Instagram Reels and TikTok. Providing many of the options discovered on its sister social platform Instagram, content material creators, influencers, and entrepreneurs can put up brief movies of as much as 60 seconds with music, viral audio clips, and results.
Fb first launched Reels in September 2021, then launched it globally in February 2022. Whereas anybody can create Reels, it’s been extremely marketed towards content material creators and influencers as a further approach for them to have interaction and attain new audiences.
In a statement, the tech firm mentioned that they’re growing a collection of creator monetization choices and Reels is one aspect of it.
Easy methods to Watch Fb Reels
There are three major methods to entry the Reels web page on Fb: the homepage, the Watch tab, and the Menu tab.
From the Homepage, you will notice Reels in your newsfeed as you scroll.
It’s also possible to entry Reels by tapping on the Watch tab and navigating to the Reels tab.
Lastly, faucet in your Menu tab and click on on the Reels shortcut.
Easy methods to Make Reels on Fb
Fb Reels Options
At the moment, Instagram Reels provides extra performance than Fb Reels however most of the options intersect. Right here’s what’s attainable on Fb Reels:
- Video modifying – Just like TikTok and Instagram Reels, you’ll be able to sew collectively a number of clips into one Reel inside the app or add them out of your photograph app.
- Music and audio library – Add music from Fb’s library or use audio used and/or generated by different customers.
- Size – A Fb Reel may be as much as 60 seconds.
- Pace – You’ll be able to decelerate your video by as much as 1x and pace it as much as 3x the unique pace.
- Results – Add filters to your Reel by sifting by Fb’s Results library. Some are created by Fb whereas others are made by customers.
- Timer – You’ll be able to document your Reel hands-free through the use of the in-app countdown timer.
- Inexperienced display screen – If you wish to apply a background out of your digital camera roll, use the inexperienced display screen impact from the Results library.
Right here’s what’s at present unavailable from Fb Reels:
- Reel remix –This lets you repost a Reel shared by one other consumer and add by yourself Reel.
- Video rotation – When importing a video to Fb Reels, you can not rotate or modify the body of the video.
- Desktop add – Customers can solely add Reels from a cell system.
To make a Reel on Fb, observe the steps under.
Log into your Fb account on a cell system. As soon as in your homepage, faucet on the + signal and choose “Reel.”
Add movies or make one by tapping on the “Digital camera” icon.
Edit your video utilizing the options on the right-hand facet and add captions.
Write your video caption.
Resolve who will see your Reel.
Faucet on “Share now” to publish your Reel.
You will have the choice to maintain your Reel public to anybody on or off Fb, restrict it to your Mates, and conceal it from particular Mates.
Is Fb Reels completely different from Instagram Reels and TikTok?
By way of options, Fb Reels is similar to different short-form video platforms.
The place they’re completely different is their audiences. TikTok favors a youthful viewers, principally Gen-Z. Instagram Reels and Fb Reels have older audiences, with its giant U.S. age group between 25 and 44 years of age.
With this in thoughts, a one-size-fits-all method is not going to be the perfect technique. As at all times, manufacturers should tweak their method primarily based on the viewers they’re concentrating on and what they’re in search of on every respective platform.
Whereas Instagram focuses on aesthetics, TikTok is extra about authenticity. As a result of Fb Reels is new, it’s unclear what that viewers is in search of however someplace proper within the center is a robust place to start out.