Common Analytics continues to be processing information one month after Google suggested it could sundown.
The search engine had warned that everybody could be compelled to migrate over to Google Analytics 4 by 30 June 2023 or else they might lose the flexibility to trace the efficiency of their web sites and campaigns.
Nevertheless, a month later, it seems like many entrepreneurs can nonetheless use their UA accounts as standard.
Why we care. Nearly all of entrepreneurs didn’t embrace the enforced migration to GA4 and plenty of have discovered the brand new system tough to make use of with complaints raised around its user interface, a lag in information and information discrepancies. With the ability to nonetheless monitor marketing campaign and web site efficiency in UA will come as an enormous aid to these which have been fighting GA4. Nevertheless, as tempting as it could be, it could be unwise for entrepreneurs to depend on UA for analytics functions because it might cease processing information at any minute.
What’s the most recent? Shopify’s official help channel was requested by a marketer to touch upon when UA information would cease processing information on its service provider platform on Friday. A spokesperson stated on X:
- “Whereas the Common Analytics properties will not course of information on July 1st, retailers will nonetheless be capable to see UA experiences and historic information in the meanwhile.”
- “We don’t have a set date on when the function might be utterly faraway from the admin. – Dirk.”
Phrase of warning. Though it does seem like enterprise as standard for a lot of utilizing UA, a warning that began showing on the instrument in the beginning of the month continues to be there, warning customers emigrate to GA4. It reads:
- “This property is scheduled to cease processing information very quickly.”
- “Any conversions and audiences you employ with Google Advert campaigns will cease working.”
- “To keep away from severe disruption to your adverts, ebook a free help session to to finish your transfer to Google Analytics 4 at the moment.”
UA sunsets for some. Whereas many entrepreneurs can nonetheless entry their information on UA, others have confirmed to Search Engine Land that their accounts have stopped processing information. James Brockbank, managing director of Digitaloft, advised us:
- “I can nonetheless see realtime for this UA property but it surely’s not monitoring information as of at the moment.
- “This has been exhibiting as 0 (similar throughout a couple of completely different websites’ properties) since midnight within the properties’ time zone. Was all exhibiting as much as at the moment.”
For entrepreneurs nonetheless utilizing UA versus GA4, it seems as if their accounts could very nicely be on borrowed time.
Get the each day publication search entrepreneurs depend on.
What has Google stated? Google has confirmed that the sundown of UA has already begun however that properties are being eliminated in phases. All entry to UA might be utterly be passed by 1 July 2024. The search engine confirmed on the Analytics Assist Heart:
- “Common Analytics properties will cease processing hits, together with normal properties in accounts that additionally comprise 360 properties beginning 1 July 2023.”
- “Some properties will proceed to course of information for a brief interval after this as we stage the shutdown of Common Analytics.”
- “You’ll entry your beforehand processed information in your Common Analytics property till July 1, 2024.”
- “Beginning on 1 July 2024, all customers, together with these accessing 360 properties, will lose entry to the Common Analytics consumer interface and API.”
- “We all know your information is necessary to you, and we suggest that you simply export your historic experiences earlier than this date.”
Deep dive: For extra data on methods to migrate to GA4, learn Google’s ‘Learn how to make the switch‘ information.