The Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) represents the worldwide cement and concrete business, which is accountable for producing probably the most used man-made substance on earth. GCCA advocates for reworking concrete right into a sustainable, long-lasting, and strong constructing materials to fulfill the growing calls for of the exponentially increasing city inhabitants. In 2021, it launched the business roadmap to web zero, outlining the levers and pathways to offering the world with web zero concrete. The GCCA Innovandi Open Challenge 2023 is a singular world accelerator that goals to deliver collectively expertise startups and the main cement and concrete corporations worldwide to speed up the event of revolutionary options to attain web zero, as set out in its roadmap.
Recognizing the crucial position of innovation in making a sustainable future, GCCA and its members, who’re world leaders within the cement and concrete business, are dedicated to increasing their innovation ecosystem and collaborating with exterior companions to attain their web zero mission.
What’s in Retailer for You if You Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023?
Via the Innovandi Open Challenge, GCCA seeks to fast-track the event and adoption of applied sciences that assist the transition in direction of a web zero future. Apply at present to collaborate with GCCA and make that occur! Chosen startups will acquire distinctive entry to:
- Help to maneuver from concepts to pilot assessments, proof of ideas, prototypes, and enterprise circumstances.
- Intensive crops, labs, and analysis services.
- Experience and infrastructure of 40 members worldwide to showcase innovation.
- Steering from the GCCA and its industrial members of nominated lead specialists to assist the startups progress within the industrialization of their expertise.
- Develop new applied sciences and/or outline new enterprise circumstances with one or a number of industrial members.
- Members of the GCCA handle the challenge with every chosen startup and provide sources, assist, and training to co-develop the enterprise.
- Excessive visibility within the cement and concrete sector, in addition to gear producers, broader worth chain gamers, traders, and wider stakeholders.
Constructing on a Profitable Observe Report
The GCCA and its members account for 80% of worldwide cement manufacturing capability. Member corporations are dedicated to lowering and in the end eliminating CO2 emissions in concrete (which at the moment account for round 7% of worldwide emissions), by means of the implementation of the GCCA’s Concrete Future 2050 Net Zero Roadmap – the primary ‘heavy’ business to set out such an in depth plan.
The launch follows the success of final yr’s first-ever Innovandi Open Problem, which noticed cement corporations partnering with six startups, with a robust give attention to carbon seize and utilization initiatives. Three of these initiatives have already gone to the pilot stage!
Claude Loréa, GCCA Cement Director and Innovation Lead says, “We’ve already seen some exceptional progress from these startups who’ve been working with our members on the primary Innovandi Open Problem, with a number of initiatives already within the pilot stage. This yr’s theme, low-carbon concrete, is equally difficult. To succeed, we want merchandise which might be inexpensive, scalable, and simply adopted. Good luck to all this yr’s candidates. We sit up for working with these chosen.”
Are You a Good Match to Apply for The GCCA Open Innovation Problem?
GCCA is in search of startups engaged on new supplies or components for low-carbon concrete. This contains revolutionary admixtures, SCMs, clinkers, aggregates, and so on. It needs to be ready-to-use and a direct ingredient to concrete. Different judging standards are as follows:
- How Modern and distinctive is the answer?
- Efficiency similar to conventional concrete
- Decrease carbon footprint than conventional concrete
- Environmental / sustainability evaluation
- Is the expertise to provide Low Carbon Concrete?
- Is it water intensive?
- Is it vitality intensive?
- Any waste warmth utilization requirement?
- Every other stipulations for the method?
Please additionally word, GCCA is NOT in search of:
- Alternate fuels or low-carbon fuels
- Carbon seize, utilization, and storage applied sciences
- Course of or methodology for producing low-carbon concrete
Construction & Timeline of the Open Innovation Problem
After rigorous analysis of all of the entries, GCCA will announce the shortlisted startups. They are going to be invited to pitch in entrance of the GCCA members. Profitable startups will get to accomplice with GCCA members to kind consortia and enter into formal working partnerships.
- Utility Deadline — fifteenth Could 2023
- Announcement of Last Shortlist — thirtieth Could 2023
- Pitch Day — thirtieth June 2023
- Consortium Settlement Conferences — 1st to fifteenth September 2023
- Demo Day (Showcasing the Outcomes of the Consortia) — April 2024
Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023 in a Few Simple Steps
Are you a great match for the problem and able to broaden your small business? Nice! Wait no additional and ship all of your entries to email@example.com by fifteenth Could 2023 together with the next particulars to use for the problem:
- Identify of your startup:
- Describe your innovation (100-150 phrases):
- Identify of applicant and designation:
- Yr of incorporation:
- Stage of your startup (Proof-of-concept/ Pilot / Prototype/ industrial):
- What’s the Know-how Readiness Stage (TRL) of your expertise? (1 being within the analysis section and 9 being able to launch a industrial product):
- Do you have already got prospects? (Sure/No)
Join hands with GCCA to decarbonize the cement and concrete industry while also gaining a chance to enable your startup to reach new heights. Visit GCCA’s application page and apply right away!
Sharing is Caring!