Google knew way back to 2010 that Google Chrome would assist drive extra Google searches. We discovered some precise figures as we speak throughout testimony from Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai on the ongoing U.S. vs. Google antitrust trial.
- Customers who switched to Chrome from Microsoft’s Web Explorer carried out 48% extra Google searches.
- Customers who switched to Chrome from Mozilla’s Firefox carried out 27% extra Google searches.
“The correlation was fairly clear to see,” Pichai mentioned, CNN reported. Pichai additionally mentioned, by way of WSJ:
- “We realized early on that browsers are essential to how individuals are in a position to navigate and use the net.”
- “It grew to become very clear early on that in case you make the person’s expertise higher, they might use the net extra, they might get pleasure from utilizing the net extra, and they might search extra in Google as nicely.”
$26.3 billion. In the meantime, we additionally discovered Google paid $26.3 billion to be the default search engine on numerous browsers, platforms and gadgets, with the most important share going to Apple. That was in response to testimony from Prabhakar Raghavan, a Google senior VP and head of Search, on Friday.
- Google Search made $146 billion in 2021 – so which means Google spent round 18% of its search income on these offers.
Europe has a selection. Because the 2020 arrival of a search choice screen Microsoft Bing has seen no optimistic features in market share in Europe. As of September in Europe, in response to Statcounter:
- Google: 90.87% (within the U.S., Google’s market share is decrease – 88.48%)
- Microsoft Bing: 3.4% (within the U.S., Microsoft Bing’s market share is increased – 6.35%)
So sure, Google has spent $26.3 billion to be the search default in all places it needs, Europe reveals that on all platforms, the place explicitly given a selection, folks nonetheless overwhelmingly select Google.
This story is creating and might be up to date…
New on Search Engine Land