Google Advertisements has apologized for inflicting confusion with a current account replace.
Advertisers have been caught off guard when the platform began mechanically migrating configurations from Common Analytics to Google Analytics 4.
Whereas these modifications had been deliberate following the sundown of UA and notifications have been issued, some have been taken unexpectedly because the turndown of UA has taken significantly longer than many expected.
Why we care. Advertisers have been experiencing points with their accounts following the automated updates, which can affect their means to create experiences and monitor marketing campaign efficiency. These encountering issues have been suggested to contact Assist or the Google Ads Product Liaison officer on X (previously referred to as Twitter).
What is going on? Google is mechanically migrating configurations – akin to “objectives”, “audiences”, and many others – out of your UA property that haven’t been marked as full to your GA4 property. This additionally contains conversion swapping and viewers pairing in linked Google Advertisements accounts for opted-in properties.
Who’s impacted? The replace will affect anybody who has not opted out of mechanically created GA4 properties.
What in the event you didn’t choose out in time? If you happen to didn’t choose out in time and don’t need your mechanically configured GA4 property, then merely comply with these steps:
- Click on on ‘Admin’ in your account.
- Choose your Common Analytics property.
- Within the “Property” column, click on GA4 Setup Assistant.
- Click on on “Disconnect” subsequent to your “Related property”.
- Go to your GA4 property and delete it.
You possibly can test for any modifications made to your GA4 property by going to the “Change Historical past” part. Automated migration modifications will probably be marked as “System (Migration)” within the “Modified by” column.
Subsequent steps. GA4 properties made mechanically solely have fundamental options. To take advantage of your new property, you may want so as to add further options that swimsuit what you are promoting and measurement necessities.
You may also test and alter key metrics in your UA property to match these in your new GA4 property as intently as doable.
If you happen to’re an advertiser, you possibly can evaluate knowledge from UA and Google GA4 in Google Advertisements in an identical approach.
Get the each day e-newsletter search entrepreneurs depend on.
What has Google stated? Google Advertisements Product Liason Ginny Marvin stated:
- “Some advertisers have observed our system making modifications to GA4 conv actions of their Google Advertisements accounts. That is the conversion swapping piece of the Setup Assistant migration course of with the turndown of Common Analytics.”
- “Forward of the migration, advertisers that had UA properties linked with their Google Advertisements accounts have been notified of this & the choice to choose out of the Setup Assistant configuring sure corresponding conversions and/or audiences in GA4 & making use of them in Advertisements accounts.”
- “With the turndown course of taking a while, we perceive that some advertisers could also be caught off guard with these modifications being made now and apologize for the confusion. The updates are aimed toward mapping UA conv to GA4 conv settings for bidding & keep away from duplicate measurement.”
Deep dive. Learn Google’s ‘Automatically Created Google Analytics 4 Properties‘ replace in full for extra data.