Are you lastly giving TikTok a shot? In the event you’re new to the app, there are a number of errors you’ll wish to keep away from in any respect prices.
Whereas some can apply to any social media platform, most are particular to TikTok and its viewers.
1. You’re not becoming a member of tendencies.
After I consider TikTok, trending sounds and challenges instantly come to thoughts. That’s what the platform’s identified for, in spite of everything.
In actual fact, many see TikTok because the enjoyable, unfiltered, uninhibited pal to the extra uptight, polished Instagram.
With this in thoughts, succeeding on the platform does imply utilizing particular results, dubbing trending sounds, including well-liked music, and participating in challenges and dances.
After all, it’s important that you just set model guardrails to make sure you don’t take part in something which will harm your credibility. As well as, not each development will align along with your messaging or model values – in that case, skip it.
There’s one other development coming proper across the nook.
2. You’re not watching TikTok movies.
How are you going to thrive in an setting you don’t perceive? The TikTok house has a really particular power to it and to step into it, it is best to take time ingesting first.
When you get a way of what’s profitable on the platform, you can begin taking part in round with your personal content material – experimenting with matters and kinds to see what your target market responds to.
Nevertheless, the work doesn’t cease there. You must at all times be scrolling on TikTok so long as you’re on the platform. It’s the way you:
- Get inspiration for future movies.
- Discover trends.
- Achieve insights from opponents.
3. You’re not attending to the purpose.
There’s nothing worse than watching a video, ready for the hook, and it by no means comes.
On TikTok, your video can solely be as much as three minutes. Nevertheless, you solely have a number of seconds to persuade viewers to cease scrolling and watch your content material.
Listed here are a number of methods to maximise your video:
- Begin speaking instantly – The primary few seconds are key, don’t allow them to go by with none sound or motion taking place.
- Have an enticing caption – This can give viewers a transparent understanding of what your video’s about and what they will acquire from watching it.
- Use a trending sound – If a sound goes viral, you received’t must work as laborious to keep up your viewers’s consideration. They already know what to anticipate and are anticipating what your distinctive take is.
4. You’re importing panorama movies.
Just like Instagram, TikTok is a vertical-first app.
Which means to indicate up accurately, movies needs to be 1080 by 1920 pixels. In case your video is panorama, its measurement will likely be diminished and bordered with thick, black strains that aren’t aesthetically pleasing.
This not solely hurts the standard of your video but in addition how viewers understand it.
5. You’re ignoring your remark part.
Social media is all about building a community. That’s no completely different on TikTok.
Your remark part is at present one of many solely methods to interact your viewers, because the platform nonetheless affords restricted community-building options.
In consequence, your remark part is the place your viewers will possible ask questions, share their ideas in your movies, and tag their mates. Take that chance to attach with them, begin conversations, and encourage them to take the specified motion.
6. You’re utilizing a enterprise account.
If this had been every other social platform, not having a enterprise account could be an enormous mistake. On TikTok, there are literally some downsides to having a enterprise account – particularly for small companies.
The primary one is that you could be not have entry to trending music and sounds, which is a vital element of accelerating your model attain.
Whereas the enterprise account does provide knowledge insights, the shortcoming to make use of trending sounds is a serious roadblock towards success on the platform.
In consequence, small companies ought to deal with constructing and testing on a private account earlier than transitioning to a enterprise account.
7. Your content material is inaccessible.
In 2019, a Verizon study discovered that almost all cellular viewers watch movies with out sound. With out captions, your movies are lacking a key a part of the story.
Nevertheless, a very powerful motive to have content material is to make it accessible to all customers, together with those that are deaf or laborious of listening to.
Inserting captions is a straightforward however efficient manner to make sure you not solely improve viewership but in addition guarantee inclusivity.
8. You’re overselling and undersharing.
This can be a symptom of taking your self too severely on a notoriously unserious platform. Or fairly of not understanding the platform you’re on.
Whatever the core motive, posting sale-heavy content material is unlikely to attract in your viewers on TikTok. This viewers is understood for wanting relatable content material that appeals to them and their each day life.
Whereas the occasional promotion is unquestionably welcome, making it the core of your content material is just not one of the best technique. As a substitute, pivot to creating content material that highlights the life-style of your goal person.
Be impressed by their challenges, ache factors, and interactions. Then use that to feed your creativity. You’ll discover that your content material will likely be extra aligned along with your viewers and can possible carry out higher.
9. You’re posting sporadically.
If you wish to construct momentum on any social platform, you need to observe a consistent publishing schedule.
That is key for a number of causes:
- When viewers land in your profile, they will discover your content material and have a transparent thought of what your model is about.
- The extra you submit, the extra insights you possibly can acquire out of your viewers.
- An everyday publishing schedule can construct a robust follower base, as they know what to anticipate from you and the kind of content material you’ll share.