Although TikTok rose to fame as a platform for Gen Z dance challenges, TikTok has grown to embody each sort of content material and neighborhood. The truth is, with options like in-app shopping, livestreaming, and branded hashtag challenges, it’s now a necessary instrument for manufacturers seeking to join straight with prospects. (Good factor it’s finally possible to schedule TikTok posts.)
As you develop your 2023 TikTok marketing technique, listed below are the important thing TikTok stats to remember.
Bonus: Get a free TikTok Growth Checklist from famous TikTok creator Tiffy Chen that shows you how to gain 1.6 million followers with only 3 studio lights and iMovie.
General TikTok statistics
Since launching in 2016, TikTok has skyrocketed through the app-o-sphere to capture the hearts and minds and screens of social media users, with some seriously brag-worthy numbers, like 3 billion downloads (together with 672 million downloads in 2022 alone) and 50 million each day lively customers.
Listed below are some extra fascinating TikTok statistics concerning the app that’s now the sixth hottest social media platform on the planet.
- Nonetheless, whenever you rank apps for highest utilization time, TikTok climbs the charts barely, clocking in at #5. In different phrases: TikTok could have fewer customers than Instagram, but it surely seems to be extra compelling.
- TikTok customers spend 22.9 hours per 30 days on the app; Youtube clocks in with a barely greater quantity at 23.4 hours month-to-month.
TikTok person statistics
You’ve in all probability received a broad image in your head of who the common TikTok person is — however the reality is, not each one of many billion global active users on the platform is a Billie Eilish impersonator.
There are folks from each technology represented on the app, utilizing TikTok’s fun and easy editing tools to submit movies on every part from dance tendencies to monetary recommendation (for higher or for worse) to activism.
These are additionally people who find themselves concerned with participating with manufacturers and doing some serious shopping… so if your organization is on the ‘Tok, it’s time to get to know (and love) your viewers.
- TikTok lately surpassed an enormous milestone: 1 billion global active users. That’s 18% of web customers worldwide.
- Whereas TikTok could get a fame as being for youngsters, a full 24% of its global audience is ladies aged 18 to 24. Male customers of this age bracket make up one other 18%.
- 31% of TikTok’s viewers falls into the 25 to 34-year-old age group.
- However TikTok customers aren’t unique to the app — in actual fact, solely 0.1% of TikTok users only use TikTok. 83.4% additionally use Fb, 81% additionally use Instagram, and 77% are additionally utilizing Youtube. The least possible overlap is with Reddit—solely 16.7% of TikTok customers are additionally regulars there.
- Nonetheless, amongst youthful, female-identifying demographics, that quantity is greater: 11.3% of this group known as TikTok their favourite.
- Solely 6.6% of male users in that age bracket name TikTok their favourite platform, preferring Instagram, Whatsapp, Fb, and WeChat.
TikTok utilization statistics
Understanding who makes use of TikTok is essential for entrepreneurs, however so is knowing how they use it. Although TikTok could have initially been created as a lip-synching app, its operate has developed past anybody’s creativeness.
Now, it’s an entertainment hub and education tool, one which customers flock to for research, data, shopping, and laughs. (And, sure, lip-synching and dancing are nonetheless as well-liked as ever right here.)
Communities discover one another right here — hey, #witchtok! — and new languages are created. Sure, technically you could possibly describe TikTok as a short-form video platform (and we completely did earlier on this story), however the reality is, it’s a strong social connecter and communication instrument, too.
- In the case of complete utilization time, TikTok ranks fifth (behind Youtube, Fb, WhatsApp, and Google Chrome).
- Based on Pew Analysis, 16% of teenagers say they use TikTok “virtually consistently” (19% say the identical about YouTube).
TikTok for enterprise statistics
For those who’re not utilizing TikTok for business but, you’re making a mistake, my good friend.
Given the truth that a billion folks of all ages are lively on the app, likelihood is, you’ll discover your audience hanging out right here. TikTokers are actively searching for product suggestions and opinions, hungry for content material from their favourite manufacturers.
Whereas it’s true not each social platform is a match for each target market, the business opportunities here on TikTok are too wealthy to not at least explore. And also you don’t must be on-line all day — now that you can schedule TikToks, it’s simpler than ever to take part on this digital enterprise growth at your individual comfort. Learn on for TikTok enterprise statistics that may simply encourage you to brush up in your video editing skills.
- TikTok has a possible advert attain of 945.2 million (amongst customers aged 18+).
- That’s an elevated advert attain of 14.6% (121 million) since 2021 — that is an promoting platform that’s on the rise.
- On TikTok, you’ll discover your promoting viewers skews feminine: 53.1%, to be precise.
- For those who’re seeking to attain Millennials and Gen Z, this can be a implausible place to just do that. 36.9% of TikTok’s advertising audience is feminine within the 18-34-year-old vary; 32.8% are males on this invaluable demo.
- But when your target market is older than that, you’ll discover Gen X and Boomers on TikTok, too. 30.4% of Tiktok’s promoting viewers is aged 35 and up, together with 5.5% within the 55+ class.
- Within the U.S., TikTok advertisements have a possible attain of 109,538,000. Brazil is the following greatest advert attain market (76 mill+), adopted by Indonesia (69+) and Russia (57+).
- 92% of users have been impressed to take motion after watching a TikTok video, whether or not that was visiting an advertiser’s web site, taking part in a problem, or making a purchase order.
- No surprise that in 2022, TikTok was valued at $443.48 billion USD.
- TikTok creator Khabane Lame is essentially the most adopted creator on TikTok, with 152 million subscribers as of November 2022. (Charlie D’amelio is #2, with 149 million.)
- 41% of TikTok users say “lifting their spirits” is essential in motivating them to make a purchase order.
- Millennial TikTok customers love manufacturers: they’re 2.3x more likely to create a submit and tag a model than different platforms.
- Teaming up with creators pays off: advertisements with creators on TikTok drove a 26% increase in model favorability amongst customers.
There you might have it: the chilly, onerous numbers behind the most well liked app on the town. Now that you just’re armed with these highly effective TikTok statistics, you’re in all probability itching to get began together with your TikTok enterprise technique. We’ve received your again with how-to guides, the latest intel on TikTok updates, and the TikTok scheduling instrument of your desires.
Watch this video to learn how to schedule TikTok posts for your corporation in your telephone with Hootsuite.
Develop your TikTok presence alongside your different social channels utilizing Hootsuite. Schedule and publish posts for the perfect instances, have interaction your viewers, and measure efficiency — all from one easy-to-use dashboard. Attempt it free at the moment.
Develop on TikTok sooner with Hootsuite
Schedule posts, be taught from analytics, and reply to feedback multi function place.