Google owns only a bit greater than 92% of the worldwide search engine market, which implies it’s a important driver of how folks search for, and discover, data on the web.
On this submit, uncover key Google search statistics that can assist you to perceive extra about how search phrases, search tendencies, and the way Google search adapts to altering applied sciences.
Desk of Contents
How many individuals use Google?
Google controls 92% of the search engine market share worldwide. That features 72% of the desktop market and 92% of the cell search engine market.
Google’s nearest competitor, Bing, solely holds 2.9% of market share, whereas Yahoo accounts for 1.1%. The distribution has remained comparatively steady over the previous few years with Google constantly claiming aggressive victory because of detailed search outcomes, in-depth analytics, and evolving service choices.
Think about the fast uptake of “Google” as a verb which means, “to go looking” — “I’ll simply Google it,” “can’t you Google that?” “isn’t it on Google?” It’s not an exaggeration to say that relating to trying to find data on-line, Google is — by far — the digital frontrunner.
What number of Google searches per day?
Google doesn’t share its search quantity information. Nonetheless, it’s estimated Google processes roughly 99,000 search queries each second, translating to eight.5 billion searches per day and roughly 2 trillion world searches per yr. The common individual conducts between three and 4 searches every day.
Google additionally makes efforts to personalize search outcomes, in flip, growing the possibilities that customers will go for Google the following time they’ve a query. For customers that aren’t logged right into a Gmail or one other Google account, the corporate makes use of anonymously saved browser cookies to get a way of search histories and preferences.
For customers signed into their Google account, Chrome’s browser historical past offers the information mandatory for Google to assemble a profile primarily based on age, language desire, gender and search preferences, which informs the kind of search outcomes returned. Location presents a straightforward instance of this strategy — if customers have location companies turned on, Google search outcomes can be filtered by geographic location to extend general relevance.
Now, let’s take a look at a couple of of this yr’s prime Google Search statistics and take a deeper dive into the trending searches that information your advertising technique.
Prime Google Search Statistics in 2023
Let’s take a look at how Google influences search with these newest statistics.
65% of SEOs say Google’s 2023 algorithm updates have positively impacted internet site visitors and SERP rankings. (HubSpot Blog Research)
70% of internet analysts and SEOs say the brand new AI search will incentivize folks to make use of serps greater than earlier than. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- If generative AI was built-in into search, 75% of internet professionals say it might have a constructive affect on their weblog. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- The highest 5 Google searches in 2020 had been “Wordle,” “Election outcomes,” “Betty White,” “Queen Elizabeth,” and “Bob Saget.” (Google)
- 25% of desktop Google searchers finish with out a click on, and 17% of cell finish with out a click on (Semrush)
- Lengthy-tailed key phrases get 1.76x extra clicks in natural SERPs. (Backlinko)
- As of April 2023, Google has roughly 83.9 billion visits worldwide. (Statista)
- 89% of URLs and 37% of URLs in positions 1-20 rank otherwise on cell and desktop. (SEMRush)
- Professionals ranked Trustworthiness and Experience as an important rating elements within the E-E-A-T framework. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- There are actually greater than 1.8 billion Gmail customers worldwide. (TechJury)
- Compressing photographs and textual content may assist 25% of internet pages save greater than 250KB and 10% save greater than 1 MB. These modifications scale back bounce charges and improve web page rank on Google SERPs. (Google)
- As of July 2023, Chrome accounts for 63% of the online browser market share. (Statcounter)
- As of July 2023, 56% of internet site visitors searches happen on cell. (Statcounter)
- 54% of shoppers use their telephones over every other machine when wanting up a query on a search engine. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- Web page titles with a query have a 15% larger CTR than common titles. (Backlinko)
- Consultants assume “Find out how to”/query and reply content material and overview/comparability content material will carry out finest when generative AI is included into serps. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- In 2020, 500 key phrases accounted for 8.4% of all search quantity. (Backlinko)
- The common click-through price for first place on desktop is 27.6%. (Backlinko)
- 4 occasions as many individuals are prone to click on on a paid search advert on Google (63%) than on every other search engine — Amazon (15%), YouTube (9%), and Bing (6%). (Clutch)
- 50% of U.S. shoppers use voice search each day. (UpCity)
- 55% of individuals clicking on Google search adverts choose these to be textual content adverts. (Clutch)
- For each $1 companies spend on Google Adverts, they make a mean of $2 in income. (Google)
- The common click-through price in Google Adverts throughout industries in 2023 is 6.11%. (WordStream)
- The common cost-per-click for a key phrase is about $0.61. (Backlinko)
- The common cost-per-click in Google Adverts in 2023 is $4.22 throughout all industries. (WordStream)
- Practically ¼ of internet professionals surveyed mentioned direct site visitors was their prime supply of internet site visitors, adopted by natural, then social. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- 19% of Google SERPs present photographs. (Moz)
- The common key phrase is roughly 3-4 phrases lengthy. (Semrush)
- The common conversion price in Google Adverts throughout all industries in 2023 is 7.04% (WordStream)
- There are over 192 totally different nation and region-based Google Search engines like google and yahoo. (GiT Magazine)
- 25. When Google opened its proverbial doorways in September 1998, it solely averaged about 10,000 each day search queries. The Search
With search volumes consistently fluctuating in response to world occasions and evolving information protection, it’s price realizing what searches are trending, how rapidly they’re ramping up, and the way they tie into related key phrase queries.
Whereas one choice is a scattershot strategy — merely kind a possible pattern time period into Google and see what number of complete outcomes are reported — extra focused choices typically present a better path to improved search efficiency.
Let’s overview a number of the most helpful instruments obtainable within the part under.
How To Discover Trending Searches
- Google Tendencies
- Suppose with Google
Evaluation the “12 months in Search,” take Google Tendencies classes, and see what’s trending now. You can even view the peaks and valleys of subject curiosity over time, which uncovers seasonality and means that you can plan your advertising calendar accordingly. Plus, discover associated matters and queries, and establish sub-regions your subject has been trending to higher goal your campaigns.
Uncover articles, benchmark studies, and client insights that hold you in control on search. From advert bidding methods to model jingles, you’ll discover attention-grabbing content material that helps you assume larger whereas staying educated on the way to leverage Google seek for your corporation.
Signal on to Twitter for greater than vaguely hostile political debates. Use the “tendencies” function to uncover what’s trending in your state, nation, or across the globe. Whenever you click on right into a pattern, you’ll see prime tweets in regards to the subject, related information tales, and dwell responses as effectively.
Establish essentially the most shared content material within the earlier 12 months or the final 24 hours with BuzzSumo. BuzzSumo means that you can drill down and analyze the matters that matter to your trade, your opponents, and the influencers you study from.
This RSS feed aggregator means that you can comply with your favourite manufacturers and see their most up-to-date content material in a single place. Add your favorites and uncover new publishers by looking out your trade, abilities, or — you guessed it — trending matters. Feedly additionally means that you can arrange key phrase alerts, so that you’re all the time monitoring the most recent tendencies on matters you’re all in favour of.
Freshness and user-based voting decide how content material is prioritized on Reddit. A fast go to to the homepage reveals you trending or standard posts. And, you’ll be able to filter by nation or recency for a extra related feed.
Conduct aggressive analysis, house in on a key phrase, or seek for trending matters. Ahrefs helps you establish trending content material and reveals you what to do to outrank your opponents.
Pocket means that you can save content material from wherever on the net. Evaluation your content material everytime you want and head to the Discover web page to seek out trending matters which can be related to you.
Join Quora and choose subject areas that curiosity you (e.g., “startups,” “advertising,” and “economics”). Quora will inventory your feed with questions associated to your content material pursuits. This offers you perception into what your clients are asking, real-time debates about opponents, and even means that you can reply questions on matters you’ve gotten expertise in.
Increasing Your Google Affect
Backside line? Google owns the biggest piece of each search and internet browser market shares and offers a number of interconnected companies that empower the corporate to ship customized, real-time search outcomes.
For entrepreneurs, this makes Google an irreplaceable device for reinforcing client loyalty, courting new purchasers, and bettering buyer conversions. Armed with actionable pattern information and related supply statistics, advertising groups can increase their Google affect and make sure the proper content material will get seen by the correct clients to jumpstart the gross sales course of.