Because it launched in 2005, Reddit has remained a mystery to many marketers. Reddit is a user-influenced platform that embraces dialogue and group engagement over content material creation or branding. Its distinction in focus makes Reddit vastly totally different from different networks — like Fb or Instagram — the place manufacturers naturally discover their area of interest.
Prior to now few years, nevertheless, Reddit’s tried to realize extra consideration from manufacturers by introducing a number of advertising offerings. The platform additionally launched options resembling video streaming and video hosting, enabling the platform to evolve from the text-based format it is identified for.
The platform can also be thriving with Gen-Z and millennial audiences that is perhaps utilizing that platform to make buying selections later in life. Although we do not encourage you to place all of your cash into Reddit adverts or a group supervisor to construct subreddits simply but, there are nonetheless methods companies and types can use Reddit to their benefit in the event that they select to.
A technique is to host “Ask Me Something” posts (also called an AMA) to construct group and belief along with your viewers. One other method is to start out subreddits about particular subjects related to your model, much like Facebook groups.
To maintain you knowledgeable and show you how to make strategic social media selections, this is an inventory of 24 useful and intriguing Reddit stats associated to the corporate, its consumer base, and what it takes to have interaction audiences on the platform.
- Reddit has over 430 million energetic month-to-month customers. (EarthWeb)
- Reddit is the fifth most visited web site within the U.S. (SemRush)
- Reddit is valued at over $10 billion. (The New York Times)
- Reddit was based in 2005 and bought by Condé Nast in 2006. (Crunchbase)
- Nearly all of Reddit customers (63.8%) are male. (Statista)
- 47.13% of Reddit customers are discovered within the U.S. (similarweb)
- 36% of U.S. Reddit customers are between the ages of 18 and 29 years previous.
- Gen Z makes up 26% of Reddit Customers. (Reddit Blog)
- As of 2021, there are 2.8 million subreddits on the platform. (Orbelo)
- Reddit has 52 million day by day customers. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Reddit customers spend near 24 minutes a day on the platform. (Insider Intelligence)
- Customers spend considerably much less time on Reddit than on different platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter — however that is as a result of Reddit is extra of an info and schooling platform than a video and leisure platform. (Insider Intelligence)
- 51% of Gen-Z customers say they’re interested in the platform’s user-driven options, resembling subreddits, comments, and upvotes. (Reddit Blog)
- 82% of Gen-Z folks belief Reddit when studying extra about merchandise. (Reddit Blog)
Supply: Reddit Blog
Movies on Reddit
- As of 2018, Reddit customers consumed greater than 1.4 billion movies on the platform per thirty days. (Variety)
- In 2018, video viewing time grew by 38%: Complete customers went from viewing 400,000 hours of natively hosted video day-after-day to greater than 13 million hours of video month-to-month. (Reddit Blog)
- In 2018, three of Reddit’s 5 highest-performing posts included movies, whereas one had a photograph. (Reddit Blog)
Partaking Content material and Scorching Subjects
- The highest 4 subreddits as of 2022 are /r/bulletins, /r/humorous, /r/AskReddit, and /r/gaming. (OneUp)
- In 2021 the most well-liked “Ask Me Something” (AMA) submit with over 90,000 upvotes was I am a lobster diver who not too long ago survived being inside a whale.” (Statista)
- In a 2019 examine of 60,000 Reddit posts, these between 60 and 80 characters get 8,600 upvotes. (Foundation Inc.)
- The examine additionally discovered that posts underneath 120 characters get extra upvotes than posts above the character depend. (Foundation inc.)
- Posts with questions generate twice as many feedback as posts with out them. However, oppositely, posts with out questions get extra upvotes than posts with them. (Foundation Inc.)
- In 2019, essential subjects of debate included magnificence, weddings, and self-care, a shift from 2018’s scorching subjects, famous under. (Reddit)
- Certainly one of Reddit’s hottest subjects is know-how. In 2018, Reddit reported that each one of its tech-related subreddits mixed acquired greater than 27 million distinctive month-to-month guests and 284 month-to-month views. (Reddit Blog)
Takeaways from Reddit Stats
If you happen to’re a marketer in a area associated to client merchandise, particularly know-how, you won’t wish to depend out Reddit simply but. As we have realized from the stats above, younger folks, particularly in Gen Z, are using and trusting the platform as a source for product research.
If your organization has a number of wonderful video content material, it’s possible you’ll wish to incorporate Reddit into your subsequent advertising and marketing technique. Keep in mind, Reddit customers consumed greater than 1.4 billion movies month-to-month in 2018.
Online video, especially in a mobile format, is being embraced far more closely than up to now. Due to this, it is perhaps value exploring the thought of a Reddit video technique in case you ever have additional time or assets obtainable.
If you happen to’re concerned with testing out content material on Reddit however do not know the place to start out, it may be useful to get inspiration from manufacturers who’ve already succeeded there. In this post, you may take a look at just a few nice examples.